Monday, August 1, 2011

Rabbit Update

I finished remaking two new all wire cages today. My first was fine but when I finished the second I realized the width was to narrow. SO back to the drawing board. I just ended up adding 2 inches to the cage and now it's perfect. I also made hay racks from the extra wire that I had. I looked around in some pets store and on line but they wanted to much for them so I figured our how to made them myself. I'm finally happy with it, it looks great and I know the rabbits are happy. It's hot so I have the misters on and the fan. They get there frozen 2-liter water bottles to lay up on every 3 hours. It's 106 today but the forecast is calling for 111 temps mid week. Oh man, HOT HOT HOT!!!! Cant wait until the winter! My next project is to make some nesting boxes from the wood I have laying around. So rabbits are doing good dispit the heat. We should (crossing fingers) have a liter in 3 weeks Aug 21st.

0 comments: